Starting in 2018, the Snapdragon Book Foundation will accept applications from October through February each year. (In previous years, our application timeframe was January – April. We’ve made this change so that schools can be more easily notified during the school year (and celebrate!))
We have a very specific mission of providing books for school/educational libraries for disadvantaged students. Please read the timeline below (as well as the Application FAQ) closely before applying.
- The new application will be available at the beginning of November
- Read the FAQ and make sure you’re eligible to apply
- Read about previously awarded grants to get ideas
- Prepare your application and submit by the February deadline
- See the Application for the specific deadline date
- Follow Snapdragon Book Foundation on Facebook and Twitter to get updates from the Foundation
- Snapdragon Book Foundation board members read and review applications
- Winners are emailed and announced on our website.
- After a few signatures, we’ll mail out checks.
- Receive your $$ and start buying books!
- Snapdragon announces one more lucky school as our “Next Up” winner and assists the school in a month-long campaign to raise funds specifically for their project.
- Snapdragon board members schedule visits to awarded schools