Starting in 2018, the Snapdragon Book Foundation will accept applications from November through February each year. (In previous years, our application timeframe was January – April. We’ve made this change so that schools can be more easily notified during the school year (and celebrate!))
We have a very specific mission of providing books for school/educational libraries for disadvantaged students. Please read the timeline below (as well as the Application FAQ) closely before applying.
The application deadline for 2018 was on Friday, April 20th and we are no longer accepting applications for 2018. Our 2018 winners will be announced in June via our e-newsletter, social media and our website. We expect our 2019 application (available in November 2018) will be similar to our 2018 Application.
- The new application will be available at the beginning of November
- Read the FAQ and make sure you’re eligible to apply
- Read about previously awarded grants to get ideas
- Prepare your application and submit by the February deadline
- See the Application for the specific deadline date
- Follow Snapdragon Book Foundation on Facebook and Twitter to get updates from the Foundation
- Snapdragon Book Foundation board members read and review applications
- Winners are emailed and announced on our website.
- After a few signatures, we’ll mail out checks.
- Receive your $$ and start buying books!
- Snapdragon announces one more lucky school as our “Next Up” winner and assists the school in a month-long campaign to raise funds specifically for their project.
- Snapdragon board members schedule visits to awarded schools